Unified Data Architecture PAC (UDA PAC)
The Unified Data Architecture Product Advisory Council (UDA PAC) is an advisory group that provides input to Teradata on issues relating to Teradata and Analytic Data Solutions, specifically related to "big data".
UDA PAC members represent a broad spectrum of industry disciplines, including retail, travel, finance, insurance, and communications. The UDA PAC represents the valuable voice of the customer, providing client questions, suggestions, and concerns directly to the Teradata Labs team. UDA PAC acts as a conduit to make the customers heard as a unified group with a vested interest in direction, functionality, and services.
Sponsored by the Partners Advisory Group, the UDA PAC is made up of representatives from existing Teradata customers. Currently limited to ten (10) members, the UDA PAC members are asked to serve a minimum of one year on the council. Teradata representatives from Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, and Support/Field act as advisors to the UDA PAC.
If you are interested in becoming a member or would like more information, please contact Leah.Rumbarger@Teradata.com
- Guide Teradata strategy and R&D on how to provide maximum value to its customers through the emerging, fast changing landscape of ‘Big Data’
- ‘Big Data’ refers to any emerging technology that aims to go beyond Data Warehousing (in terms of data or types of processing) with a focus on analytics
- Provide input to Teradata on how it can integrate different technologies together to provide solutions for customers’ Unified Data Architecture.
- Challenge assumptions and strive for innovation in the future with an eye for pragmatic requirements today
- Represent fully the business and technical needs of the customer
Benefits of Participation
- Networking opportunities with data professionals from global companies using Teradata
- Active participation in a respected, professional organization with direct, positive impact on Teradata users
- Advance information regarding enhancements to Teradata business solutions, technology, services, and support
- Direct communication with key Teradata members on strategic initiatives, solution and product announcements, etc.
Teradata PARTNERS User Group Conference
- Selection of Track Sessions
- Moderate sessions
- In order to accomplish the council's responsibilities, the following is required:
- Be a Teradata Customer with a current Teradata system, consultants are not eligible
- Attendance on bi-monthly conference calls of 1 to 2 hours duration
- Attendance at two events requiring overnight travel is necessary. This consists of one Product/Plan review meetings, to be held at the Teradata facility in Rancho Bernardo, California to allow access to a variety of Teradata developers and managers. The second event is the Teradata Partners User Group Conference that usually runs from Sunday to Thursday in October. These events usually require travel and attendance over weekends.
- Other time spent on committee work will vary, averaging five hours per month
- A non-disclosure statement must be signed
- Minimum of one year service on the council
Membership Requirements Section
- The member is required to notify the UDA PAC immediately of a change in employment, or a change in job responsibility such that the member is no longer directly involved with Teradata. The member will be officially terminated from the UDA PAC as a representative of their company. The UDA PAC will have an open position to fill. If the new company has Teradata and the member's responsibility at that company involves Teradata, and they have approval from the new company, then the UDA PAC will give that member first consideration for the open position. A review and vote of approval will occur by the UDA PAC to see if that person can continue or not as a UDA PAC member.
- A UDA PAC member may be subject to removal from the council by an executive decision of the chair, vice chair and Teradata director if the member is not fulfilling the general membership requirements or is absent from:
- Two consecutive conference calls without cause
- One face-to-face meeting
- The Teradata Partners User Group Conference
- Direct interface and influence with Teradata Corporation, personnel responsible for product planning and direction
- Opportunity to gain advance knowledge of new features and functions that are being developed
- Regular interaction with other users and companies
- Provide input into the scope of the UDA PAC's work with Teradata Corporation
- Opportunity to review designs and provide feedback as to whether the feature(s) meet user requirements
- Recognition of participation on the council
- No conference fees for the Teradata Partners User Group Conference
UDA PAC CouncilMembers
Director of Data Warehouse Operations
Mr. Valeyko is a managing technical executive with over fifteen years of experience supporting decision support, BI, and DW solutions from strategy, design and development through implementation. His experience spans various technologies and platforms, both off-the-shelf and custom built. He has managed large programs of widely distributed teams in development and support efforts. He has supported a variety of clients ranging from manufacturing, retail, telecom and data services to U.S. Government agencies. He has served as a guest lecturer on project management and BI/DW theory at Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business and at the Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology in Nagpur, India. He recently joined the MIS Advisory Board at the University of Georgia's Terry College of Business. Mr. Valeyko's prior roles include: Technical Director at Advanced Technology Systems, Inc. (now Salient Federal Solutions), Principal at Claraview (a division of Teradata), and International Engagement Manager at InfoCepts, LLC. He holds a B.A. in Economics from the University of Virginia and an M.S. in Engineering Management from the George Washington University.
BRETT VERMETTE, Chair
Director - EDW Core Platform Engineering & Solution Delivery
Brett is currently a director in the General Motors Information Technology organization responsible for strategy, architecture and technical infrastructure. In this role he is responsible for technical innovation through provision of strategic planning, program management and technical leadership related to platform selection, development, architecture, engineering and deployment across the GM data warehouse product ecosystem.
Since rejoining General Motors in 2007, Brett has held several positions of increasing technical and managerial responsibility including leadership of the GM enterprise architecture team, chief architect for global purchasing and supply chain and director of enterprise data management. Prior to 2007 Brett held senior technical and managerial roles with Delphi Corporation, Electronic Data Systems and GM of Canada.
Brett graduated with distinction from the Bachelor of Computer Science program at the University of Windsor having completed an undergraduate thesis on natural language robotics integration. He subsequently graduated with highest distinction from the Masters of Science in Information Technology at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA with a focus on data analytics and warehousing. In addition to receipt of several academic awards, he is a certified TOGAF enterprise architect, a PMI project management professional and holds Six Sigma green belt quality certification.
MR. SIDDHARTHA KUMAR ARYA
Principal Data Warehouse Architect
Sid Arya has over 25 years of IT experience and has worked on Teradata systems since 2001. He is currently the Principal data warehouse and security architect working on some of the largest MARS, Precision database systems and Hadoop implementations. Sid's past data warehousing experience includes Analytics modeler, DBA, workload management, designer of cryptographic algorithms, BAR architect, Oracle enterprise Architect, etc. Sid received his first Teradata Master certification in 2002. He is a chartered professional engineer with Institution of Engineers, Australia. He has 4 US patents pending with USPTO.
UDA PAC Advisory Team
Chad currently serves as the Vice President of Marketing at Teradata, where he has the responsibility for Teradata’s Unified Data Architecture. With over 18 years of experience as a leader in big data, business intelligence, analytics, and data driven marketing.
Prior to joining Teradata, Chad lead the data platform team at Electronic Arts where he grew the decision support capabilities to support game analytics, implemented an inbound marketing environment that supported over 1 billion annual personalized communications, and revamped EA’s digital KPIs. Before these roles, he held leadership positions within Marketing and Data Management at Dell and FedEx.
Chad has a seat on the board of directors of Partnerships for Children, and leads fundraising activities for Will Ferrell’s charity Cancer for College.
Director, UDA Ecosystem Product Management
Gary Ryback is the Director of the UDA Ecosystem PM team with product strategy and integration responsibility for Teradata Viewpoint, Data Lab, as well as the Studio, OLAP, Unity, and Hadoop product portfolios. Prior to PM, Gary worked within Teradata Engineering as the OS Engineering Manager, Server Management Team Lead, and as an Availability Architect. He initially started his career in various Information Technology roles including application programming, UNIX administration, and IT local and global management roles. Gary has a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Marketing Manager, PAC Facilitator
Leah Rumbarger is the Executive Liaison for the UDA PAC. Leah has held a variety of positions within marketing since she joined Teradata. She has held positions in IT, Marketing Shared Services and Product Management. For the past three years she has lead a series of customer go to market programs for Product and Services Marketing including an internal sales council that facilitates dialogue between Teradata Sales, Engineering, Services, and Product Management. Leah has more than 15 years of program management experience and a Masters of Business Administration.
Teradata UDA PAC Advisory Team
International Technology and Innovations Director
Artur’s career in IT spans 18 years, several organizations and roles. In his current role as the International Technology and Innovations Director, Artur is responsible for articulating Teradata’s strategy and the nature, value and differentiation of Teradata’s solution offerings to International customers, prospects, partners, 3rd party influencers and the media. As part of his role he is evaluating Innovations to see how they can enhance Teradata technology to better address customer needs.