Jul 10, 2017 Gala Event at the House of Blues
Experience Rock & Roll's Mississippi Roots in Anaheim
The Gala Event at Teradata PARTNERS is always something special. From the venue to the entertainment, it’s a special night you won’t forget—and 2017 won’t be an exception. This year’s venue is the iconic House of Blues in Anaheim®, now located on the Anaheim GardenWalk.
The House of Blues was birthed by founder Isaac Tigrett’s appreciation for the music of the rural south. That music, including Blues, Rhythm and Blues, Gospel, Jazz and Roots-based Rock & Roll, is literally the foundation for what later became what the world knows as Rock & Roll. To ensure that connection to the South and make sure that the artists performing there never forget, a box of genuine Delta Mississippi Mud is located under the stage, to “ensure that every artist has the roots and the spirit of the South planted beneath their feet.”
Their mission, according to the website, is to create: “A profitable, principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence.”
Be sure to enjoy the atmosphere, décor, and artwork throughout the building, many of which have historical significance. Stay tuned for upcoming announcements about the entertainment; in the meantime, check out photos from previous Teradata PARTNERS Gala Events to get a feel for the excitement in store.
Teradata PARTNERS Recent Gala Events
- 2016 – Georgia Aquarium, Dennis DeYoung
- 2015 – Disney California Adventure Park, Collective Soul
- 2014 – Grand Ole Opry, The Band Perry
- 2013 – AT&T Stadium, One Republic
Five Facts about the House of Blues
- The first House of Blues began operation in Cambridge, Massachusetts, in 1992.
- The quilted stage curtains utilize the “Jacob’s Ladder” pattern and others that pay homage to the enslaved Africans who used the Underground Railroad to find freedom.
- The company was originally financed by Dan Aykroyd, Aerosmith, Paul Shaffer, Jim Belushi and others. Aykroyd and Belushi remain associated with the company.
- The art collection is almost entirely comprised of Folk, Outsider, and Self-Taught artwork. Currently, the House of Blues is the largest curator of Outsider Art in the world.
- The very first band to play at the then-brand new House of Blues was Fullerton-born, alternative rock band Lit.