Teradata Aster PAC
The Teradata Aster Product Advisory Council (PAC) is a group of existing customers who provide input to Teradata on the product direction for the Teradata Aster Discovery Platform along with other related Teradata products and platforms.
The PAC is comprised of customers working with the Teradata Aster Discovery Platform. Currently, the PAC is limited to a total of fifteen (15) members. PAC members are asked to serve a minimum of one year on the council and must be an existing Teradata customer. If a PAC member resigns from their current position, they must relinquish their membership on the PAC. In addition to customers, representatives from Teradata Marketing, Product Management, Engineering, and Support/Field act as advisors to the PAC.
If you are interested in becoming a member or would like more information, please contact Leah.Rumbarger@Teradata.com
- Represent the Teradata Aster Discovery Platform install base
- Advancing the Teradata Aster product set
Benefits of Participation
- Networking opportunities with data professionals from global companies using Teradata
- Directly interface with Teradata personnel responsible for product planning and direction
- Gain advance knowledge and influence the direction of new product features and functionality
- Peer to peer interaction and exchange with other PAC members
- Represent fully the business and technical needs of the customer
- Recognition as part the Teradata Aster Product Advisory Council
- Participate in periodic product planning reviews with Teradata developers and personnel - review, discuss, advise, and influence feature requirements, release schedules, and contents
- If required, discuss and advise on which enhancement requests (ERs) should be included in upcoming releases
- Remain current with Teradata Aster product direction by collectively utilizing and validating all features of the Teradata Aster product line
- Provide suggestions and lessons learned back to the Teradata Aster customer base on a timely basis
Teradata PARTNERS User Group Conference
- Selection of Track Sessions
- Moderate Sessions
- In order to accomplish the council's responsibilities, the following is required:
- Be a Teradata Aster Customer with a current Teradata Aster system; consultants are not eligible.
- Attendance on quarterly conference calls of 1 to 2 hours duration.
- Attendance at two face-to-face meetings requiring overnight travel is necessary. This consists of two Product planning review meetings, one in March/April and one in September/October. These face-to-face meetings will be held at one of the Teradata offices in either San Diego or San Carlos, California and/or in conjunction with the Teradata PARTNERS conference. The meetings will allow PAC members access to a variety of Teradata developers and executives.
- Working groups may be formed as needed to tackle specific topics e.g. Teradata Aster migrations, security, upgrades, etc. If selected to participate, the PAC member will commit to be available for conference calls as required by the group.
- Long distance phone calls to other customers may be required in the process of following up with them on specific projects.
- Other time spent on committee work will vary, averaging five hours per month.
- A non-disclosure statement must be signed by each member.
- Minimum of one year service on the PAC is required.
- A company may not have more than one representative on the PAC.
- Maximum number of members is 15 customers, and 6 Teradata representatives.
- Willingness to utilize and validate new product features and report back to the PAC on experiences/lessons learned.
- Must have your Company/management approval and commitment as outlined in this Membership Requirements section
- When filling vacancies, in order to keep a well-balanced PAC, the following criteria will be considered in relationship to the existing members and the new applicant:
- Skill Mix
- System Size Mix
- System Type (Hardware and Operating System Platform)
- Market Segment (Finance, Retail, Transportation, etc.) Mix
- Applications will be kept on file for (1) one year from the date of submission.
- The PAC executive committee can choose to contact well-qualified prior applicants even if it has been more than 1 year since their application. The applicant will be asked to update their application and resubmit.
- Previous company representation on the PAC will not be considered (no company can reserve seats on PAC).
Teradata Aster Product Advisory Council Members
PATRICK MURPHY, Chair
Toys "R" Us
Director, Strategic Analytics
Pat is the Director of Strategic Analytics at Toys "R" Us, responsible for the Advanced Analytics and Strategic Testing and Analytics teams. He is responsible for solving complex problems of the organization through the use of predictive analytics and various analytical, statistical techniques utilizing the Aster platform.
Since joining the company in 2010, Pat has held various analytics roles of increasing responsibility. Roles have included Pricing, Marketing Analytics, and Sales Forecasting. Previous to Toys "R" Us, he worked in Business Strategy and Corporate Finance in Retail.
Pat has 7 years of analytics and business strategy experience in the Retail Industry. He graduated with an MBA from NYU Stern School of Business and possesses and B.S. in Finance from Fairfield University.
Dave Brown is Senior Director of IntelliCog's Solution Delivery team, responsible for delivering agile Data Integration and Data Analytics capabilities to the entire corporate customer portfolio. Dave's professional focus is on building agile information platforms, leveraging message-centric data integration strategies, coupled with templated workflow management techniques, to deliver near real-time analytics required by today's Big Data businesses. Dave's work experience traverses the Financial Services, Manufacturing, Health Insurance, Receivables Management, Telecom, and Heath Care industries. Beyond his passions for Enterprise Information Management, Dave also leads IntelliCog's corporate Strategy and Planning program.
Database Systems Administrator
I have over 12 years of IT Experience supporting all the major database systems, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Aster Data. I am an Oracle certified PL/SQL Developer and Database Administrator and IBM Certified Advanced Database Administrator for Linux, Unix and Windows. I have been working at State Farm for the past 10 years primarily supporting the Analytical Environments. I supported DB2 Clients on Windows Systems, DB2 databases on Unix and Lunix Operating Systems. I installed and configured several test and production DB2 DPF Environments. For the past 4 years, I am also supporting Aster Systems. I involved in the installation and configuration of versions 4.5.1, 4.6.3 and 5.0.2 for Aster Database and Backup Clusters. The latest cluster has 30 workers and 180 vWorkers. For the past one year, I have also started working on supporting Hadoop clusters. Before joining State Farm, I worked for Oracle Corporation, India for 3 years. I supported Oracle databases on Windows and Unix platforms and worked with customers of all over the world. I have a Master’s degree in computer science and engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Madras in India.
Senior Manager, Decision Support Application Architecture
Ka Tang has over fourteen years of DW/BI experience using various database technologies and analytical tools in Banking, Payment Services, and Insurance industries. Ka Tang is currently the Lead Data Architect at Discover responsible for Decision Support Architecture providing data integration, business intelligence and analytic business solutions. Ka is leading Enterprise Data Strategy to establish a simple data infrastructure and services that support information governance, business value, and business continuity. Ka is motivated by data driven business innovations, data analytics and technology challenges. Ka and his star architects are working on the next generation data architecture to provide analytical business solutions in loss detection and prevention, personalized offers, digital marketing, and omni-channel customer servicing.
Prior to this DW/BI function, Ka developed the Enterprise Middleware Solution as well as the Credit Card Transaction Gateway Solution at Discover.
Vice President of Fraud Strategy, Data and Analytics
Naveen Yeri leads the Fraud Risk Management Strategy, Data and Analytics function at Wells Fargo, responsible for delivering decision recommendations to proactively manage fraud detection and prevention. Naveen has been in Banking, Insurance and Information Technology sectors for over 15 years, has served Norfolk Southern Corp, Bank of America and IBM in his prior roles.
He has led programs in the areas of Consumer Marketing and Risk Analytics, Real-Time Events and Triggers blending data at-rest and in-motion, and choreographing Next Best Offers leveraging structured and unstructured big data streams.
Naveen has an MS in Industrial Engineering, MBA in Finance/Marketing, Six Sigma Blackbelt Certified and holds 7 patents.
Enterprise Analytics Data Scientist
Stephen is an Enterprise Analytics Data Scientist at TIAA-CREF, a leading financial services provider to those who serve others. He holds a Master's of Science in Analytics from NC State's Institute of Advanced Analytics, is a SAS certified professional, and is an active analytics advocate. Stephen has worked in multiple industries and fields including logistics, government, healthcare, marketing, IT, and financial services. When he's not concocting data products, Stephen enjoys time with his wife and 2 children, and is an avid gamer who hypothesizes new ways player experience can be enhanced through data science.
Marketing Manager, PAC Facilitator
Leah Rumbarger is the Executive Liaison for the Teradata Aster PAC. Leah has held a variety of positions within marketing since she joined Teradata. She has held positions in IT, Marketing Shared Services and Product Management. For the past three years she has lead a series of customer go to market programs for Product and Services Marketing including an internal sales council that facilitates dialogue between Teradata Sales, Engineering, Services, and Product Management. Leah has more than 15 years of program management experience and a Masters of Business Administration.